Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Arrival in Magdalena

Monday was an exciting day. We had to leave our nice home in Antigua and our host Mom, Evelinda, for Magdalena, and then I left with staff of SI to pick up the remaining 4 from the team at the airport in Guatemala City. They arrived safely, and we stopped for a cup of coffee before meeting up with the rest of the team in San Lucas for lunch. We ate at McDonalds and then came up the hill to Magdalena and had rest time for the afternoon. Once here though, the kids decided to play games for the afternoon at Mario and Ingrid's house! When I asked them that had travelled if they were sure they didn't want to sleep, they said they were too excited! We ate dinner with our families at 6 and then had team time at night. We prayed until getting rained out. The sound was so loud with the tin roof making it impossible to hear! We then sang some songs together led by Megan Borges and used our songbooks that she put together. I am so excited about this team! When the rain stopped temporarily, everyone went home to sleep. We meet again this morning for devotional and orientation to Magspdalena. Pray for health for the team and for unity. I am so excited to go to sites tomorrow morning and serve!

I am so sorry I haven't been able to post on the blog for a few days, I was definitely under the weather! Literally! I think it was a stomach bug that got passed among the team because we were in the same house. I haven't felt like that in a long time...even today I felt sick but took some stronger medicine and I'm as good as new! This morning it is not raining and it looks like there are few clouds. Great. Maybe we won't have rain today...at home we are praying for rain, and here it gets to be a bit much. But it is rainy season here in Guatemala so I guess it is to be expected. One of the advantages is how beautiful green it is here.  We are blessed with fresh, crisp air in the mornings and beautiful mountain views throughout the day. I'll try to post some pictures to the Facebook page of the
incredible views. If you haven't been able  to see pictures, our Guatemala 2015 Facebook page has pictures of our team and very soon our media team, Ruby, Ethan, and Brian will be
posting daily pictures from the Students International Guatemala Facebook page. Be sure to be on the lookout for those as well! Their team visits all of the sites and takes pictures of the teams in action.
Can't wait to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment