Tuesday, May 29, 2018

#shakenfilledboldGuatemala2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDVZuWXFAZ8
Guatemala..the sound of it makes me nostalgic. Thinking of the streets we walked on, the sounds we hear, and the families that have become like my own. Hard to believe that now we are leaving in just 5 days to be there for two weeks. Our group of 13 will be joining with a team from Louisianna and Southern California I believe. Every year I go I bring new faces with me to introduce a new culture, there's the excitement. One underlying theme is that we are there to show Jesus and what ends up happening each year is that Jesus is shown to us. Words cannot describe how influential these people have been on my life and on the kids that I bring. Guatemala is just..special. It is definitely a second home to me. These are the walks to remember..the path that leads to El Gorrion.
Months of preparation have gone by. Meetings, sandwich preparation, bracelet fundraisers, enchilada fundraisers, tshirt design and sales, purchasing flights, arranging into ministry sites and even host families, sorted out donations for the ministry sites and will pack very soon. I and my students are ready for the adventure and to serve...in another country.

No comments:

Post a Comment