Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Feelings of anticipation..





Said goodbye to the first part of my team on Saturday at the airport LAX. Their shirts look great! I can't wait to have them all on as the other 16 of us go to the airport on Sunday. We will join them on Monday morning with our host families in Magdalena! Ahhhh! The time has come..YESSS!
I do have a bit of anticipation and sadness knowing that the last time I saw many of them, my other family, in Guatemala, I said goodbye to them through tears and complete sadness. My Mom's passing at the end of our trip last year was VERY difficult and I will never forget the people there that made my hurt easier because of the words and love they showed me.
Bring on the changes! I won't be living with the family I have stayed with the past 10 years (9), but will continue to see them as they are still working with SI. Our team has their flight pattern figured out, insurance cards are printed out for them, host families arranged, and site placements given! Phew! What a lot of work that is put in to an outreach like this! Thank you to the staff of SI for organizing and preparing for us to be there. We are truly thankful for you and your work. May we be a blessing to you as we serve alongside of you there, as you will be to us. :)
I have received news from my team already there in Guatemala and can I say RAIN? Yes, today it was raining and hard! I hope you had a chance to see the video that Ally Kornelis posted, it has only rained one day while they have been there, but be prepared with umbrellas and such :)
Language school has been great this week, and tonight there was a salsa dancing class..oh how fun!
We will meet them in just a few days...pack light and be prepared to bring along a r-few donation suitcases. Everyone is allowed ONE bag of up to 50 lbs. IN your carry on, (it can be up to 25 lbs, like a backpack) take along a change of clothes.  Be sure to follow your packing list in the SI team member manual! If you dont have one, you can find it under resources on the page you registered with at stint.com :)
Friday is the sendoff bbq and it will be held at Cheryl Price's home. Bring along a side dish or salad, I believe all the hamburger is accounted for. Be prepared to swim! Your parents and mentors are invited!
If you have any questions, send me an email or a text and I would be happy to help you with any questions you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment