Monday, March 7, 2016

Serving willingly this summer for an extended time!

People who know me well know how much a part of my life is invested in missions. I breathe missions. Last week I received a call from the president of Students International who had met with a former colleague of mine at Ontario Christian School. Tim Huizenga, the principal, remembered me and wanted to hear more about Students International. Two of his teachers would like to join an outreach, however, mine was full to capacity, even more spots that needed to be reduced. So in that frustrating situation, came an opportunity to serve in the Dominican Republic and take a few of my kids from the Guatemala team and place them in the Dominican Republic with me the following month, as well as the two teachers from Ontario Christian.  I spike with my SUPPORTIVE husband who knows my dreams so well, and he agreed.
I can't even begin to express how very excited this makes me! I have been dreaming about a trip with SI to the Dominican Republic for quite a few years now.  Everything about the trip demonstrates to me how God is in this and these plans. Today a friend, Stephanny Ruiz, messaged me and wanted to just see how I was! God's timing is amazing! She had been thinking about going to the DR as well, and is joining our team. I just come to tears even thinking about it, but wonder why I am so surprised? God has no "random" messages, his timing was all planned beforehand! Stephanny was a special part of our team and her heart was open to everyone! She was such a comfort to me when my Mom died while I was in Guatemala.

My heart will always be in Guatemala and my family is there....they have become like family to me. I can't even stand to think how diffficult those final two days were and how comforting the staff, the host families, the Guatemalan family members were to me. There were so many things that I remember.They were Jesus to me...and I will NEVER forget the words, prayers, and songs they sang with me at that time. I cannot wait to return and see them again.

Guatemala awaits! And so does the Dominican Repubic! 


No comments:

Post a Comment